Sunday, January 23, 2011

Anger management and the coming apocalypse

When I was a college freshman, a close friend decided to record everyone on our dorm floor saying the one phrase she felt best captured his/her personality, the phrase they said most often. Mine? "I hate that. It bothers me."

Sigh. So flattering.

But, after a lot of thought, after going through most of the posts on RL LaFever's fabulous Shrinking Violets Promotions (a fabulous blog for all the introverted writers and artists out there), I've decided to change the name of my blog. Earth-shattering news this isn't, I know. But my own essentially rage-y nature is the reason I'm an author. Something irritates the sweet baby kitties out of me and I have to write about it, just to sort out my own feelings on the subject. Thus, the new name "Anger Management." In which I write about managing anger. Sometimes well. Mostly badly.

There's another thing I'm doing, and that's more blogging, more often. I'll be blogging here, and over at a new website eisforbook, about ebooks and the changes in the publishing business, or the publishing apocalypse, depending on your point of view. My first post here. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

As proof how ill-prepared I am for the "erevolution," I just learned how to put that follower widget thing on this blog. Awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, bring on the rants! Love the new title, and I'm so glad you'll be blogging more often. I read your post at eisfor book and I love that you're going to be e-publishing Lily's Ghosts. Can't wait to hear how that goes and what you learn from the experience. Wishing you lots and lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brenda. I'm really fascinated by the epublishing thing, but considering what a tech-idiot I am, this could take a while...

    ReplyDelete